Tuesday, May 15, 2007

When I went to Te Wera camp

On Monday 23rd, I went in Mr Chapman’s car in the morning to go Te Wera camp. Kelly and Scott didn’t go, so they went in Maddy’s car.
When I at Te Wera camp, I wait for the Makahu bus in the car. I saw the Makahu bus coming towards me and the bus parked by Mr Chapman’s car. The children were racing to the bus’s door and, one of them open the door. Mr Chapman was talking to the boss of Te Wera camp. Other school was here too.
When the camp started, someone blow the whistle to start. We sat down the chair in the dining room. The boss was here talking to us about the boundaries and how we get safe.
Then we went outside to make the groups. There are two groups, one are year 3 and under and another one are year 3 and up.
Our first thing to do is River Study. The man was there and he talked to us for half of hour about the animal live in the river.
Next we went to the river over the road to get some animals that live in the river. We used a scrubbing brush to sweep the grass in the river and put it through the sieve to see if any animals were in the grass. And then we put the bugs and grass in the bucket. After we found the bugs in the bucket we put it in the little containers to see what bugs they were. After we looked at everyone else’s bugs we let them go in the river.
Then we walk back to camp for 5 minutes. I saw little kids playing around the bush by the camp.
Next we had our lunch. I was eating my lunch on the table by Callum.
After we ate our lunch, we play predator game. I was a cat and I was keep running around the walkway in the bush. I got real tried. I always keep going away from dogs.
After that we made two groups. One played archery and the other one did the team climbing activity. First my group did climbing. It was very hard.
Then we play archery. Callum had 2 bulls eye and I didn’t. I like the archery the best.

Next we went home. I went home in Maddy’s car.
On Tuesday I went to camp again. I was tired.
When I was at the camp, I played in the playground. Other kids were there already.
When the camp starts, we went to the bush. We walked along way to the bush and then we stopped at the track in the bush.
After, we made our shelters. We had 3 groups to make 3 shelters. Bob is going to tell us how many points we had. We had six out of ten. Other group got eight out of ten.
Next we had lunch on the track I had a sandwich, after I had eaten the sandwich I played tag with Callum it was hard because there wasn’t enough room to run around in.
We walked up a hill it was very steep, I got real tired. When we got to the top of the hill we opened a gate and we kept on walking along the track, then we stopped and sat on the grass and had a rest while we waited for Bob. Bob got Mamaku and Whitewood leaves and we tasted them and some people loved it but I didn’t! We then walked back down the hill to the gate; we sat down in the grass while Bob talked about how to catch animals in the bush. He showed us a snare that he uses to catch animals and how the snare is used. We walked all the way down the hill and over the bridge, we stopped by the gate next to the road. Bob crossed the road first and checked for cars coming because it was next to a dangerous corner. My shoes were wet from walking in the bush. I joined everyone else in the dining room and Carolyn thanked us for coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home